Emeralite Armor & Border Update
Started by Kyonako

Kyo

Kyo

Admin
Topics
IGN
Kyonako

Hello! The world border has finally been updated. I know a lot of you have been waiting for this and it has finally been done, so now we can all relax a little.

Border Changes

The World Border in all worlds has been reduced to a 10K block radius from Point 0, 0.

Ender World Conclusion

The end world continues to be griefed and we do not want to impose restrictions that might negatively effect gameplay. We have concluded that this can be conquered, griefed and fought over. 

Emeralite Armor

We finally added emeralite armor to the game. When creating this set we wanted to give the community something interesting, but not too powerful. After some testing we believe that Emeralite is the perfect armor for anything and everything non-pvp focused. Diamond armor can still beat a user in Emeralite, but emeralite has strong points for more generic purposes, like exploring, mining and overall general gameplay.

• Emeralite boots have +3 Armor, +1 Hearts, +20% movement speed
  • Emeralite Leggings have +4 Armor, +3 Hearts, +15% movement speed
  • Emeralite Chestplate has +5 Armor, +4 hearts, +10% movement speed
  • Emeralite Helmet has +2 armor, +2 hearts, +5% movement speed.

Set bonus for Emeralite armor is +14 Armor, +10 hearts, +50% movement speed.

..oh and it's green! so what's not to like!

Known Issues

We're aware that /cui items will display an error. This will not negatively effect your gameplay in anyway and this should be resolved soon.

Planned Features

We had a lot planned for today, but some things fell through and some of our projects are on hold. We will be releasing a wave based mob arena where you can put your true skill to the test. Battle with your friends or even your foes in a competitive PvE arena against waves of enemies and tough bosses, all while running blindly through a giant maze!

x1
Kyo · about 1 month ago
Rimebound

Rimebound

Admin
Topics
IGN
Rimebound

Saying that the Emeralite armour set is non-pvp is just wrong.

Diamond Helmet: 3 armour
Emeralite Helmet: 2 armour
Diamond Chestplate: 8 armour
Emeralite Chestplate: 5 armour
Diamond Leggings: 6 armour
Emeralite Leggings: 4 armour
Diamond Boots: 3 armour
Emeralite Boots: 3 armour

So really with the set you're losing 6 armour, which is three "hearts" or "shields". Looking at the Minecraft wiki, this difference accounts to about 2-4 less points of damage (which is just 1-2 hearts). The variation depends on the damage. Sure, that's significant when you have 10 hp total, but these added bonuses are broken.

10 extra hearts? That already negates (and overrides) the "armour nerf" that Emeralite gives by nearly fivefold.

So you not only get more hp than you would "lose" from the armour, but also 50% extra movespeed? Walking is 4.3 m/s, sprinting is 5.6 m/s. Just walking alone would be much faster than sprinting, and don't even get me started on sprinting. Speeding around in PvP is highly beneficial.

I posted some ideas about the armour on my post in the suggestions forum, but I thought I'd go a little more in depth here.

If you want Emeralite to be truly non-pvp, give it utility perks and the defense of chainmail or gold armour (11-12). Nerf the movement speed bonus to maybe 20 or 30% (5% per piece sounds reasonable) and to make sure it's valuable, give it night vision on the helmet and perhaps regen as a bonus instea of the extra hearts. I misunderstood what a set bonus was (I thought it to be additive to the unique bonuses), so I'm not sure if that's possible. 

While I go more into depth as to why in my other post, I also think that they should have an automatic Mending enchant and not be Unbreakable and also a Curse of Vanishing so dying with Emeralite has bigger consequences than just losing 4 faction power.

make trelm great again
Rimebound · about 1 month ago · Last edited: about 1 month ago
Rimebound

Rimebound

Admin
Topics
IGN
Rimebound

Besides that, I like the changes. Limiting the border promotes confrontation between players and higher risk of being attacked/raided, and the choice to leave the End alone I think is a good one. While I am speaking from the perspective of owning the portal (so I am biased), I think you should either limit it all or not at all. None of this halfway stuff, which just seems unfair. You've chosen to let people do whatever they way, and I like that. Though I honestly think it would be healthier if you just made it so nobody could claim (but could still build). That way we wouldn't have the problem of people like me blocking the portal. Whichever way you go, I support. 

make trelm great again
Rimebound · about 1 month ago